Our online learning experts have compiled this list of the best Udemy courses of 2020.
With so many courses available in every possible niche, it can be daunting trying to pick the best for your career.
The last thing you want to do is waste time and money on a course that won’t help give you an edge in today’s highly competitive job market.
We compiled this list from Udemy’s library of 1000s of courses taught by industry experts to help you get the most value for your money. They range from web design, programming, and coding, to AI, machine learning, data science and more.
Included in this list are some of the best web development courses on Udemy to jump-start your career today. If you don’t find something of interest here, be sure to check out our list of the best Coursera specializations and courses.
Whether you’re looking to start a new career in web or app development or just looking to enhance your resume, this list of the best Udemy courses of 2020 will introduce will help you succeed.
16 Best Udemy Courses  [UPDATED]
1. Best Udemy Web Development Course: The Web Developer Bootcamp
This course is the only course you need to learn web development.
There are a lot of options for online developer training, but this popular course is without a doubt the most comprehensive and effective on the market.
While there are many courses on Udemy designed for web devs, this is by far our favorite.
- This is the only top Udemy course taught by a professional bootcamp instructor.
- 94% of the bootcamp students go on to get full-time developer jobs. Most of them are complete beginners when they start learning.
- This is the only complete beginner full-stack course that covers NodeJS.
- You design & build 13+ projects & gigantic application called YelpCamp. No other course walks you through the creation of such a substantial application.
- The course is constantly updated with new content, projects, and modules. Think of it as a subscription to a never-ending supply of developer training.
- 603,260 students enrolled
2. The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0
Ready to open new doors and become a smart, in-demand web developer?
Here’s what you get with this course.
This best Udemy web development course starts with the fundamentals. The insider tips to work quickly and efficiently with web technologies like HTML5, CSS3 and Python. Another one of our favorite courses for personal development of your business skills.
- Once you’ve got that locked down, you’ll learn how to create your own responsive websites using more advanced techniques such as iQuery PHP 7, MySQL 5 and Twitter Bootstrap.
- By then you’ll be developing blogs and eCommerce sites with WordPress, and learn smart ways to add dynamic content, using APls to connect to sites such as Google Maps and Facebook.
- The best way to learn is to do, so you’ll complete fun website challenges at every turn. Plus, as you fly through this course, you’ll use your skills to put a site together as you go. The final challenge is a full Twitter clone.
- 275,063 students enrolled
3. Angular 8 Course – The Complete Guide
This popular Udemy course starts from scratch, you neither need to know Angular 1 nor Angular 2!.
Join the most comprehensive and popular Angular course on Udemy taught by one of the best selling instructors, because now is the time to get started!
From Setup to Deployment, this course covers it all! You’ll learn all about Components, Directives, Services, Forms, Http Access, Authentication, Optimizing an Angular App with Modules and Offline Compilation and much more – and in the end: You’ll learn how to deploy a web application!
Angular is one of the most modern, performance-efficient and powerful front-end web development frameworks you can learn as of today. Learn all the fundamentals you need to know to get started developing Angular applications right away.
- learn components
- HTTP access & authentication
- 428,533 students enrolled
4. Modern React with Redux
This is the Udemy course you’ve been looking for to master React.
Mastering React and Redux can help you land a position in web development or help you start that personal project you’ve been dreaming of.
It’s a skill that will put you more in demand in the industry, especially with the release of Redux and ReactNative.
This popular Udemy web design course will get you up and running quickly, and teach you the core knowledge you need to deeply understand and build React components and structure applications with Redux.
If you are new to React and Redux, or if you’ve been working to learn it but sometimes feel like you still don’t quite ‘get it’, this is the React course for you!
Want to dig more into this subject? Check out our list of the best React JS Courses here.
- create amazing single page applications with React JS and Redux
- master the fundamental concepts behind the design and structure of Redux applications
- Realize the power of building composable components
- 206,372 students enrolled
- Complex features like the ‘this’ keyword, function constructors, prototypal inheritance, first-class functions, closures
- 354,669 students enrolled
6. Best Udemy NodeJS Course: Learn and Understand NodeJS
NodeJS is a rapidy growing web server technology, and Node developers are among the highest paid in the industry.
Knowing NodeJS well will get you a job or improve your current one by enabling you to create high quality, robust web applications for business.
In this popular NodeJS course on Udemy you will gain a deep understanding of Node, learn how NodeJS works under the hood, and how that knowledge helps you avoid common pitfalls and drastically improve your ability to debug problems.
You’ll learn how asynchronous code works in Node and the Node event loop, as well as how to use the event emitter, streams, buffers, pipes, and work with files. We’ll see how that leads to building a web server in Node.
This is one of the most popular Udemy courses that will enable you dive into web sites, web apps and APIs with Express and learn how Express can save you time as a Node developer.
- learning how NodeJS works under the hood
- Structure a Node application in modules
- gain a personal understanding and use the Event Emitter
- Understand Buffers, Streams, and Pipes
- Build a Web Server in Node and understand how it really works
- learning npm and managing node packages
- 104,190 students enrolled
7. Build Responsive Real World Websites Course with HTML5 and CSS3
So why is this web design course so unique and popular?
Reason #1: The course is completely project-based
You hand-code a beautiful and responsive landing page for a fictional company.
Reason #2: You learn so much more than just coding. Coding is great, but it’s not everything that matters.
You’ll go through the entire process of building and launching your website project. This best selling Udemy course includes designing, coding, planning, writing clean and organized code, website optimization, best practices, and so much more.
- Real-world skills to launch real-world websites: professional, beautiful and truly responsive websites
- A huge project that will teach you everything you need to know to get started with HTML5 and CSS3
- 200,742 students enrolled
8. Ultimate Web Designer & Developer Course: Build 23 Projects
In this popular development course you will go from knowing nothing to creating over 23 impressive designs, websites, and applications!
Once you’re cool with the front-end languages, you’ll then melt your brain-bits with highly advanced skills like Responsive Websites, PHP, MySQL, WordPress and custom WordPress plugin development.
At the end of this comprehensive course you’ll have the ability to create responsive, dynamic websites and blogs, basic eCommerce sites and online stores, and have a professional understanding of all aspects of web design, development and even dabble in data science.
- Build 23+ custom design, web and programming projects
- Learn more than 18 professional disciplines
- Plan, design and code your very own self-directed project – from A to Z
- Plan, design and program robust, and fully custom websites and applications
- Design and code modern & responsive landing pages
- Code at an expert level of proficiency with HTML & CSS
- 66,028 students enrolled
9. Best Udemy Ruby on Rails Course: The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer
This Udemy Ruby on Rails Course provides a thorough introduction to Web Applications Development using the wildly popular Ruby on Rails framework.
With almost 30 hours of engaging video lectures and text follow-up lectures with directions, references and all the code used in the videos…
…this popular course will take you from a complete beginner to an accomplished Ruby on Rails developer.
Since its introduction, Ruby on Rails has rapidly become one of the most powerful and popular tools for building web applications for both startups and existing software houses.
Some of the top sites using Ruby on Rails are Basecamp, Twitter, Shopify, Github, LivingSocial, Groupon, Hulu, Airbnb, Yellow Pages and much more. Ruby on Rails developers command some of the highest salaries in the web world and are in high demand.
- Learn how to rapidly prototype design ideas and turn them into presentable apps
- Become a professional web application developer
- Become a professional Ruby on Rails developer
- Design and code virtually any web app you can imagine
10. Best Udemy PHP Course: PHP for Beginners – Become a PHP Master – CMS Project
Are you new to PHP or need a refresher?
Then this is the best Udemy PHP course for developers. This course will help you get all the fundamentals of Procedural PHP, Object Oriented PHP, MYSQLi. You’ll endi the course by building a CMS system similar to WordPress, Joomla or Drupal.
Being a PHP developer can allow you to make really good money online and offline, developing dynamic web applications.
Knowing PHP will allow you to build web applications, websites or Content Management systems, like WordPress, Facebook, Twitter or even Google.
There is no limit to what you can do with this knowledge. PHP is one of the most important web programming languages to learn, and knowing it, will give you SUPER POWERS in the development world and job market place.
- You will learn to create a (CMS) Content Management System like WordPress, Drupal or Joomla
- how to use Databases
- learn MySQL
- Object Oriented Programming
- design & launch your application online
- use forms to submit data to databases
11. Best Udemy ASP.NET Course: The Complete ASP.NET MVC 5
ASP.NET MVC is a server-side web framework for building dynamic, data-driven web applications.
Since its first release in 2009, it has gained a lot of popularity amongst web developers using Microsoft technologies.
If you want to get employed as adeveloper at a company that utilizes Microsoft technologies, you need to master ASP.NET MVC.
Through this best selling Udemy ASP.NET course, taught by top instructor Mosh, you’ll have a fun, hands-on and pragmatic journey to master ASP.NET MVC 5.
In 7.5 hours of high quality Udemy video content (equivalent to a 500-page book), you’ll learn how to build and deploy fast and secure web applications with ASP.NET MVC 5.
- Understand the MVC architectural pattern
- Implement CRUD operations
- Build forms with server-side and client-side validation
- Build RESTful services using ASP.NET Web API
- Use powerful jQuery plug-ins
- Implement authentication and authorization using ASP.NET Web API
12. Python and Django Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp Course
Welcome to one of the best Udemy Python and Django Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp courses.
In this course you’ll cover everything you need to know to build a website using Python, Django, and many more web technologies!
Whether you want to change career paths, expand your current skill set, start your own entrepreneurial business, become a consultant, or just want to learn, this is the course for you!
You learn by using HD Video Lectures, Walkthrough Code Projects, Exercises, Concept Presentation Slides, Downloadable Code Notes, Reading Assignments, and much more! It’s one of the top rated Python programming tutorials you’ll find.
- Create a fully functional web site using the Full-Stack with Django 1.11
- Learn how to use HTML to create website content
- Use CSS to design beautifully styled sites
- Learn how to take advantage of Bootstrap to quickly style sites
- Learn how to use jQuery to quickly work with the DOM
13. The Complete WordPress Website Business Course
With WordPress powering more than 25% of all websites in the world, there’s never been a better time to build an income and a business around it.
You’re here because you want to master WordPress, right? Good. This Udemy business WordPress developer course is all you need. And, you can do it without learning any programming or coding.
While WordPress is open source, and because of that has thousands of developers building resources for it, it still takes quite a bit of learning to become a master at building and managing websites with it.
In this course you learn more than just WordPress software. There’s a small amount of graphic design knowledge needed, as well as hosting and server management. You will also learn to fix broken sites or problems by hacking into the back end. The course covers proper server setup, and properly staging development environments around new sites or when performing updates and changes on existing sites.
- Create all kinds of business websites, using WordPress, to sell to clients
- Master the inner workings of WordPress for designing, fixing, troubleshooting, and building websites for a business
- Set up server and hosting environments in the most economical and secure way for a business
- Design, build and edit websites within staging and development environments
14. Git a Web Developer Job: Mastering the Modern Workflow Course
By the end of this popular Git course you’ll be able to build sites using the modern skills, tools, and best-practices that companies need in developers.
While there are dozens of courses covering this topic, this one in particular is the most comprehensive and applicable to the business world. The video tutorials are well-structured and easy to follow.
- Learning Git, GitHub, and command-line basics to collaborate with other developers and deploy your sites live up onto the web.
- Leveraging Node.js tools like NPM and Gulp to save time by automating tasks.
- Enhancing your CSS knowledge with techniques (BEM & PostCSS) to keep your styles super-organized and manageable even on larger sites.
- Discovering tips to get more job interviews, do well in interviews, and continually progress in your career (avoid burnout & stagnation).
15. Web Development w/ Google’s Go (golang) Programming Language Course
The Go programming language was created by Google to do what Google does: performance web applications at scale.
Open-sourced in 2009 and reaching version one in 2012, the Go programming language from Google is the best choice for web development programming today.
Ruby on Rails, Python, Django, Node.js, PHP, and ASP all fall short.
Go is the most powerful, performant, and scalable programming language today for creating web applications, web API’s, micro-services, and other distributed services.
In this top Udemy Google Go Programming course you will gain a solid foundation in web design and development. You will learn all of the following: networking architecture, the client / server architecture, the request / response pattern, the RFC standards defined by the IETF and the format of requests from clients and responses from servers. If Google is using it, so should you.
- Design & construct server-side applications using today’s best practices
- Acquire an outstanding foundation in the fundamentals of web programming
- Learn from a University Professor in Computer Science with over 15 years of experience teaching individuals of all ability levels
- Understand servers, routing, restful applications, JSON, AJAX, templates, file servers, cookies, state, UUIDs, HTTP methods, HTTP response codes, sessions, Amazon Web Services, MySQL, MongoDB, load balancers, HTTPS & TLS, Docker, Containers, Virtual Machines, Google Cloud, and App Engine
16. Social Media Marketing Agency : Digital Marketing + Business
One of the best social media marketing courses out there, this course is the complete guide for those looking to learn the ins and outs of marketing and start making money as a digital marketing business owner.
This course will teach you how you can launch a successful marketing campaign for different businesses and how you can build a successful and PROFITABLE social media marketing agency.
It covers important topics such as organic Facebook marketing as well as Facebook and Instagram ads. It even touches briefly on affiliate marketing techniques. For more information check out our list of the best affiliate marketing training.
In addition to the videos, the course documents are written and available with lots of bonuses and prepared templates, making the process of learning and working as a digital marketer as straightforward as possible. It is one of the most popular courses of it’s kind.
- Build a social media marketing agency
- Facebook marketing & Facebook ads
- Find the right niche for your business
- Setup pricing & build your agency’s website
- Digital marketing mentality & fundamentals
- Guide to Instagram marketing
- Find & get clients for your agency
- Social media copywriting
- Guide to Email marketing
- Guide to Sales funnels – Design & testing
- Email automation
17. Super Affiliate Playbook: Insider CPA Marketing Secrets
Have you ever wanted to build an online business but don’t have a product? Affiliate marketing could be the perfect answer.
In this course you’ll learn more than just how to build an affiliate website. You’ll learn how to pick products in less competitive niches that will allow you to start making REAL money.
Real World Affiliate Marketing Training
This affiliate marketing training course gets into all the nitty-gritty details behind running a successful business.
There are plenty of courses out there that promise easy money. This course actually goes into detail about HOW to make money.
There are no shortcuts. It takes real work, testing, testing, and more testing. You will learn exactly how to manage all the key concepts and bring them together into a successful marketing campaign.
- learn how to build high-converting landing pages
- find the best and cheapest sources of traffic
- how find out EXACTLY what competitors are doing to drive traffic
- how to get accepted by the best affiliate networks
More from Udemy
Your education doesn’t stop here. Udemy offers courses on Data Science, Machine Learning, Personal Development, Project Management, SQL and more. All of these are skills that will serve you well in the business world.
Have you taken any of the courses from this list?
What was your experience? Are you learning for your own personal development or for a business?
Please leave your thoughts in the comments below.
Found this article useful? Please share it with your friends on Facebook.
Update (January 2020)
If you checked this review last year you’ll realize that a couple things have changed with the online courses I listed here, majorly positive improvements. Below are a few.
The Complete Web Developer Course by Rob Percival got updated to include the latest versions of web technologies as well as to include Python programming tutorials.
Maximilian Schwarzmüller upgrade his Angular 5 Complete Guide from Angular 4 which he taught last year to keep upto date with the dynamic changes in the turbulent AngularJS world.
And lastly, all the top courses here are now available with subtitles in Spanish & Portuguese! There’s no better way to start your personal development and your business career.
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Udemy offers a generous refund policy of 30 day money back guarantee for all online courses purchased through their website or through the Android app.
Click here now and jump-start your IT career with these courses.